As new mobile payment brands enter the market, consumers continue to predominantly use traditional payment methods like cash and credit cards. While awareness of mobile payments continues to increase, usage of mobile payments is not increasing at the same rate. Mobile payment brands need to overcome multiple barriers to adoption to make them a mainstream payment method.
Highlights in this report include:
- Identifying mobile payment barriers
- Current user satisfaction with mobile payment services
- Features near-field communication (NFC) users enjoy most
- Features peer-to-peer (P2P) users enjoy most
- Women's favorability and adoption of P2P mobile payments